- This event has passed.
Dr. Dulaney “Ask the Doc” + Book Signing & Potluck Dinner
August 27, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Please join us and bring your questions for a special Q & A with Dr. Dulaney.
You must RSVP for this event through Eventbrite!
Dr. Dulaney, Whole Food, Plant Based cardiologist, has launched a Whole Food, Plant Based Cookbook!
Books will be available for sale (at a discounted price of $25) and Dr. Dulaney will be available to sign them. Please have exact cash for purchase. – $25
Please bring a no added sugar, oil and salt dish to share that is whole food, plant based.
There is no charge for the event. However, donations to cover the costs of the event are very much appreciated! All are welcome!
What food can I bring to the event?
Please bring a:
• Whole-food, plant-based / vegan (NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS) and SOS-free (no salt, oil, or sugar) dish for 50 people to sample.
• At least one copy of the recipe to display next to your dish.
• Serving spoon, etc.
Make sure your dish DOES NOT include:
• meat (beef, chicken, pork, fish, etc)
• dairy (milk, milk powders, casein, cheese, yogurt, cream, ice cream, etc.)
• eggs (even cage free)
• processed foods
• Added sugar/processed sweeteners (you may sweeten with dates, raisins or other dried fruit)
• Added salt – keep it minimal, we can add more to the top if needed
• Oil (even Olive, Coconut, Flax oil etc.)
• Artificial sugar substitutes
For those not sure what to bring, here are some suggestions:
– Fresh fruit
– Raw vegetable tray – leave off any dip if not vegan
– Hummus or bean dip (if bringing store bought, please ensure that it meets the above specifications)
– Kombucha / sparkling fruit juice beverage (for celebrating our initiation of course!)
If you’re still unsure, just contact us or find recipes online by typing “whole foods, vegan, no oil recipes” into google, Instagram, Pinterest or Youtube.