- This event has passed.
Dr. Dulaney “Ask the Doc” + Book Signing & Potluck Dinner
August 27, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Naples Green Scene and Island Walk’s Blue Zone Group are hosting an “Ask the Doc” special with Dr. Dulaney + Book Signing & Potluck Dinner.
Please join us and bring your questions for a special Q & A with Dr. Dulaney.
Dr. Dulaney, Whole Food, Plant Based cardiologist, has launched a Whole Food, Plant Based Cookbook!
Books will be available for sale (at a discounted price of $25) and Dr. Dulaney will be available to sign them. Please have exact cash for purchase. – $25
Parking is limited, so if you can carpool that would be great!
Please support our community with a minimum $1 donation + eventbrite fees. All are welcome!
Please bring a no added sugar, oil and salt dish to share that is whole food, plant based.
What food can I bring to the event?
Please bring a:
• Whole-food, plant-based / vegan (NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS) and SOS-free (no salt, oil, or sugar) dish.
• At least one copy of the recipe to display next to your dish.
• Serving spoon, etc.
Make sure your dish DOES NOT include:
• meat (beef, chicken, pork, fish, etc)
• dairy (milk, milk powders, casein, cheese, yogurt, cream, ice cream, etc.)
• eggs (even cage free)
• processed foods
• Added sugar/processed sweeteners (you may sweeten with dates, raisins or other dried fruit)
• Added salt – keep it minimal, we can add more to the top if needed
• Oil (even Olive, Coconut, Flax oil etc.)
• Artificial sugar substitutes
For those not sure what to bring, here are some suggestions:
– Fresh fruit
– Raw vegetable tray – leave off any dip if not vegan
– Hummus or bean dip (if bringing store bought, please ensure that it meets the above specifications)
– Kombucha / sparkling fruit juice beverage (for celebrating our initiation of course!)
If you’re still unsure, just contact us or find recipes online by typing “whole foods, vegan, no oil recipes” into google, Instagram, Pinterest or Youtube.
-Naples Green Scene